Athlete Entrance, Coaches’ Registration, Worlds Check In
The athlete entrance and coaches’ registration are located at the bottom of the main stairs in the lobby.
World’s check in will be located in the practice gym, on the outside of the boards.
USASF Image Policy
The USASF has implemented a new Image Policy, which will be followed at all CE competitions. The policy has been More information can be found here. The four main image points are outlined here:
- Athletes with non-full top uniforms must wear a t-shirt or other suitable cover up over their uniforms unless they are in the warm-up area, traveling as a group directly to or from the warm up area, or on the performance stage.
- Makeup should be uniform and appropriate for both the performance and the age of the athletes. Face/Eyelid Rhinestones are not allowed. False eyelashes are allowed but may not be decorated in rhinestones or additional jewelry.
- Bows should not be excessive in size (acceptable bows are generally no more than 3” in width) and shouldn’t be a distraction to the performance. Bows should be worn in a manner to minimize risk for the participants, should be adequately secured and should not fall over the forehead into the participants’ eyes or block the view of the participant while performing
- GENERAL UNIFORM GUIDELINES No risqué, sexually provocative or lingerie looking or inspired uniform or garments allowed. All uniform pieces should adequately cover an athlete and must be secured to eliminate any possible wardrobe malfunction. Appropriate undergarments must be worn. In addition to the below specific guidelines, athletes must also consider that a combination of uniform pieces may also deem a uniform appropriate or inappropriate. ALL garments must properly cover the athlete and the athlete’s undergarments during the routine.
- UNIFORM TOP GUIDELINES Uniform tops may not include an exposed midriff (crop top) except when worn by athletes competing in Senior divisions. Uniform tops must be secured by straps or material over at least one shoulder or around the neck (tube tops are not allowed). Judges reserve the right to assess warnings and/or deductions when a team’s choreography, uniform, make up, bows etc. do not meet the standards of ‘appropriate’ as described in this policy.
Athlete Proof of Age Eligibility:
Coaches please be advised that teams may be randomly selected for age verification. We require all coaches/administrators to be able to provide athlete identification (birth certificate, drivers license, passport) in either digital or paper format to verify athletes age eligibility. These personal documents will NOT be collected and kept on file by Canadian Cheer. If requested, coaches will have until 10 minutes prior to their awards to present the required documentation. Photos of original ID’s on cellphones or drives are accepted.
Canadian Cheer Videos
Videos of each team will be posted to Youtube under the Canadian Cheer Videos Youtube page. Videos will be posted a week after the event. All runs at the event will be posted to Youtube. Exceptions to this rule, where videos will not be posted to Youtube, include extreme safety infractions and costume malfunctions. You can visit the Canadian Cheer Videos page by clicking here.
Please review the score sheet available at here. The judging process will assess the difficulty, execution of choreography and overall effectiveness of each routine using our standardized judging form. There will be a point deduction and legalities judge who will be responsible for assessing falls and illegal elements. Deductions for bobbles will be deducted per judge from the overall impression score.
All coaches must sign-out their score sheets from the registration table. Score sheets will be available after the division awards ceremonies.
Team Change Rooms
There will be very limited changing capacity; teams are encouraged to arrive as ready as possible. There will be no official supervision of team belongings during the event. The stands behind the backdrop will be reserved for team use to store belongings and complete hair and makeup. A few changing rooms will be available in the area surrounding the practice gym.
Practice & Warm-up Area
The warm-up area in an adjacent arena.
The practice area will have scheduled times and teams must check-in to the practice gym during their scheduled report time. There will be a scheduled rotation beginning with check in and then proceeding through scheduled practice times on a partial floor, immediately moving to a sprung tumbling strip and finally to a full 9-mat floor. Following the practice mat, the teams will be escorted to the “on hold” waiting area.
There will be sports therapists as well as emergency response personnel available for the day to ensure that athletes and spectators can be well cared for if necessary. The therapists will have supplies for their use only and will not be supplying them freely. The role of these people is to deal with injuries, not to tape wrists and ankles. Kindly plan to bring your own athletic tape.
Cheer Evolution will not be providing spotters for the event. If coaches feel they should provide their own spotters for the team, please contact Cheer Evolution prior to the event. No deductions will be made for teams providing their own spotters provided these spotters do not provide hands-on assistance.
Music and Sound Equipment
All music must be in CD or Mp3 format. NOTE: Do not use CD-RW! We are very pleased to have Brandon Larry as the M.C. for the event and overseeing all audio aspects. His exceptional experienced and top quality equipment will ensure each team’s music sounds great.
If using the Mp3 option, please ensure that the track is on its own playlist. It is highly recommended that each team have a back-up copy of the routine CD at the music table in the event that there is a problem with the primary CD or Mp3. It is the responsibility of each team to ensure that their music is error free and plays on the music system. Once the team is positioned at the “in the hole” waiting area, event staff will escort the coach to the music station.
Team Entrance and Exit from Main Floor
All teams will enter the floor from a tunnel located back of stage left of the performance floor. In order to keep the competition on schedule, teams must immediately take the floor once announced. Inspirational words or cheers should be done prior to being announced. There will be event staff in position to give teams notice of the amount of time remaining.
Following the performance, teams will be directed to exit the floor front stage right and directed through to the video replay area.
Event Shirts and Clothing
There will be a variety of clothing items available for purchase at the ProCheer Store as well as from vendors. Please be sure to come to the stores to see what’s available. The ProCheer booth will be located on the floor of the main bowl, other vendors will be positioned throughout the concourse area.